Your information will be used for the sole purpose of your request or order and in accordance with this privacy statement and the guidelines set by the Information Commissioner’s Office, which is our lead data protection supervisory authority (link here: https://ico.org.uk).
I may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should therefore check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
As a private Therapist, I’m considered the data processor and controller in my practice. As the data controller, I process some of your personal data. During the assessment process information such as next of kin, family members and medication are gathered and held. No one but me can access this information.
Data Processing means obtaining, recording or holding information. The definition is very wide, and most of what I do involves a degree of processing. I process the personal data I have collected as controller. I maintain records of personal data and processing activities and hold responsibility should there be a breach.
What I collect
I may collect the following information:
* Full name
* Contact information including email address, postal address, and telephone / mobile numbers
* Date of birth
* Financial information in relation event bookings and other products
* Personal and health information in relation to previous experiences with body and energy work modalities, and related to health information essential for your safety during your treatment, my events and workshops (such as injuries and food intolerances).
* Market research information and testimonials to improve my services.
What I do with the information we gather
I use this information to provide your treatments, deliver my events, workshops and retreats, to understand your needs and limitations, to provide you with the best service I can and to assist you in order to improve the event you have booked onto
* to send occasional surveys and other feedback opportunities to help me to improve my treatments, events and workshops
* to send you marketing messages for my own treatments and events
I may also use the information you give me, in an anonymised way, to review, improve, and promote the effectiveness of my performance to your physical and mental health as well as making your personal progress in the Tantra-related modalities that I offer, and to monitor the effectiveness of my treatments, events and workshops. Specifically, I will use the information you give me:
* for secure internal record keeping
* to send you information on the treatments, events and workshops.
I do not keep process notes. I keep minimal content notes which I hold for seven years. After this time frame, they're disposed of securely. You have a right to see the information I hold about you should you wish to. You have a right to change any information which you consider to be incorrect. You can also ask me to delete all/any of the information that I hold. There are however some details I need to keep due to legal and professional obligations.
I will NEVER do the following with your information:
I take your privacy very seriously and will protect client confidentiality at all times. I will never divulge, or sell on, your personal information to third parties unless I am required by law to do so.
Retention periods and disposal of records
I will keep your information in line with guidance on records retention periods, and for no longer than it is needed. I will dispose of paper records or delete any electronic personal information in a secure way.
Financial information: Any financial information will only be used for immediate processing of your payments and erased immediately afterwards.
I do not store your payment details. I am committed to ensuring that your information is secure and anonymised where appropriate.
Law Enforcement: If I receive a lawful court order to release account or other personal information then I will comply with the law. I will also release information when necessary to protect the life, safety or property of others.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
This is a primary concern and is separate to other terms and conditions. As my client, you can withdraw consent at any time. I hope to offer you choice and control. I will never use any of your data for writing, publishing, research or training purposes without your consent.
When you book with me, I will always ask for your consent to use the data you provide as part of my treatments, events, workshops and programmes. You have the right to access your data as detailed in the next paragraph at any time. You have the right to update or withdraw your consent at any time by contacting me at email@example.com
Your right to control, know, and erase your personal data held with me
You have the right to control your personal data held by me in the following ways, at any time:
1. Your right to know what personal data I hold about you: You can ask me what information I hold about you, and I will respond to your request as soon as possible, but within one month maximum.
2. Your right to rectification if you believe any of your personal data are incorrect.
3. Your right to erasure of your personal data: You can ask me to delete all personal data I have stored about you, and I will erase all these within one month maximum. This excludes information that I need to keep for legal reasons (such as tax).
4. Your right to obtain a digital copy of your personal data: Upon request, I will send you a digital copy of all personal data I hold about you, within one month maximum.
Please contact me on if you would like to exercise any of these rights.
Your right to lodge a complaint
Please contact me in the first instance if you are not satisfied with how I manage your personal information: firstname.lastname@example.org . If you follow this procedure and are still not happy, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk
Other Information: Every computer has an IP (Internet Protocol) address. IP addresses of computers used to visit this site are noted. In addition, we automatically collect other information such as email addresses, browser types, operating systems, and the URL addresses of sites clicked to and from this site.
Links to other websites
My website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave my site, you should note that I do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, I cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
To contact me
For all enquiries in relation to bodymindwellness services and the content of this policy, please contact email@example.com